ich bin ja immer auf der Suche nach neuen und interessanten Ressourcen, die ich euch vorstellen kann. Jetzt habe ich wieder so eine Ressource gefunden, die zwar nicht ganz neu ist (gibt es schon seit einigen Monaten), mir aber bisher unbekannt war:
Secure DevOps Kit for Azure
Was gibt es zu dieser Ressource zu sagen?
Die Ressource ist sehr vielschichtig und deshalb möchte ich euch hier die Orginalbeschreibung von Microsoft liefern.
„The „Secure DevOps Kit for Azure“ (will be referred to as ‚AzSDK‘ henceforth) is a collection of scripts, tools, extensions, automations, etc. that caters to the end to end Azure subscription and resource security needs for dev ops teams using extensive automation and smoothly integrating security into native dev ops workflows helping accomplish secure dev ops with these 6 focus areas:
1. Secure the subscription: A secure cloud subscription provides a core foundation upon which subsequent development and deployment activities can be conducted. An engineering team should have the capabilities to deploy and configure security in the subscription including elements such as alerts, ARM policies, RBAC, Security Center policies, JEA, Resource Locks, etc. Likewise, it should be possible to check that all settings are in conformance to a secure baseline.
2. Enable secure development: During the coding and early development stages, developers should have the ability to write secure code and to test the secure configuration of their cloud applications. Just like build verification tests (BVTs), we introduce the concept of security verification tests (SVTs) which can check for security of various resource types in Azure.
3. Integrate security into CICD: Test automation is a core tenet of devops. We emphasize this by providing the ability to run SVTs as part of the VSTS CICD pipeline. These SVTs can be used to ensure that the target subscription used to deploy a cloud application and the Azure resources the application is built upon are all setup in a secure manner.
4. Continuous Assurance: In the constantly changing dev ops environment, it is important to move away from the mindset of security being a milestone. We have to treat security as a continuously varying state of a system. This is made possible through capabilities that enable continuous assurance using a combination of automation runbooks, schedules, etc.
5. Alerting & Monitoring: Visibility of security status is important for individual application teams and also for central enterprise teams. We provide solutions that cater to the needs of both. Moreover, the solution spans across all stages of dev ops in effect bridging the gap between the dev team and the ops team from a security standpoint through the single, integrated views it generates.
6. Cloud Risk Governance: Lastly, underlying all activities in the kit is a telemetry framework that generates events capturing usage, adoption, evaluation results, etc. This allows us to make measured improvements to security targeting areas of high risk and maximum usage before others.“
Die umfangreiche Dokumentation des Kits findet ihr hier:
Der ausführbare Teil des Kits ist ein PowerShell Module. Informationen (und die Möglichkeit eines direkten Deployments zu Azure Automation) findet ihr hier: